April 26th is officially recognized as National Pretzel Day, so grab a bag and enjoy some of our favorite pretzel trivia:
• It’s believed that pretzels originated in Europe as early as 610 A.D.
• In the Middle Ages, pretzels were a symbol of good luck and spiritual purity.
• Modern hard pretzels were first produced by a Lititz, PA bakery in the mid-19th century.
• Pennsylvania accounts for approximately 80% of all pretzels made in America each year.
• The world’s largest-ever pretzel weighed over 840 pounds!