Now that it’s officially the fall season, it’s time to fall in love with the flavor of pumpkin all over again! With so many pumpkin flavored products surfacing, how can you change it up while still getting that flavor you love? Try our creamy pumpkin and white bean soup, perfect for a cool night!
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
15 oz. canned pumpkin
3 ½ cups chicken broth
1 cup Shiloh Farms Organic Navy Beans, cooked
¼ tsp. ground oregano
¼ tsp. Shiloh Farms Himalayan Pink Salt
¼ tsp. white pepper
¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat. Add onion, cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, broth, beans and oregano. Simmer 8 minutes.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return soup to pot and reheat; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in yogurt and remove from heat.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top each with a dollop of yogurt, swirl into soup. Yields about 1 cup per serving.