While many programs have been put into place to provide healthy lunches to students during the school year, breakfast can become a daunting task for many parents. Trying to rush to get to school and work can hinder your meal options for what is the most important meal of the day. With school out for summer, take time to sit down and get ready for your day with our Blueberry Banana Almond Streusel Muffins recipe. Rushing to get to the beach or still need to get to work? Prepare these muffins the night before for a healthy and tasty grab-and-go breakfast!
1 cup Shiloh Farms Organic Rolled Oats
1 cup Shiloh Farms Almond Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
3 bananas, overripe is best!
¼ cup almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup Shiloh Farms Organic Blueberries or fresh organic blueberries
3 tbs. Shiloh Farms Sliced Almonds
3 tbs. cold butter
3 tbs. brown sugar
- In a food processor or blender, pulse oats until a fine flour is formed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon).
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas into a paste. Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold in blueberries. Pour into lined muffin tins.
- For the topping: In a small bowl, place brown sugar and almonds and cut in butter using a pastry knife or fork until crumbly.
- Add 2 tsp. of the topping to each muffin top. Bake at 350 degrees for 16-17 minutes.
We are also currently offering 25% off all cereals at our online store! Don’t miss out on this Pure Deal!