Happy Easter! Holidays are a great opportunity to take a little extra time making healthy, wholesome food to share with friends and family. For a delicious treat this Easter, try our Cherry Orange Poppy Muffins. They are bursting with the flavors of spring. Don’t be surprised if the Easter Bunny hops away with them!
The following recipe makes about 12 muffins, and one delicious smelling kitchen.
Cherry Orange Poppy Muffins
2 cups Shiloh Farms Sprouted Flour
¾ cup Shiloh Farms Date Sugar
1 tbsp. Shiloh Farms Poppy Seeds
1 tbsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. sea salt
1 cup milk
¼ cup butter, melted
1 egg, slightly beaten
½ cup Shiloh Farms Sour Red Cherries, chopped
3 tbsp. grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, melted butter and egg, stirring until just moistened.
- Stir in cherries and orange peel.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins ¾ full.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan, let cool completely.