In our house, we’ve developed a Sunday pancake tradition over the years. I don’t usually have the time to put together a stack of flapjacks during the week (or else I would), Sunday morning is now pancake day. I’m okay with that.
As much as I love to eat pancakes, the thought of shifting flour and pulling together a long list of ingredients on a weekend is not my idea of fun. I want to let you in on a little secret…I have never made pancakes from scratch That being said, I also want to emphasize that while I do enlist a bit of help, you’ll never see a highly processed quick mix in my pantry. If I’m going to be eating pancakes every week, they are not only going to be delicious, but they’re going to be wholesome.
So what is my secret for making delicious wholesome pancakes without the hassle? The Sprouted Spelt Pumpkin Mix is by far one of my favorite Shiloh Farms products to date.
You can see why pancakes are now in my weekly lineup; wholesome, good, and delectable pancakes…can you blame me?
Sprouted Spelt Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Ingredients: (makes 3, 4 inch pancakes)
- 1/3 cup Shiloh Farms Sprouted Spelt Pancake Mix
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sliced Banana
- Almond Butter
- In a large bowl, add the pancake mix, cinnamon and protein powder.
- Mix to combine.
- Add the egg white, almond milk and vanilla and stir together until lumps are gone.
- Lastly, gently stir in the pumpkin until mixed through.
- Grease a griddle or pan and place 1/4 cup of the mix on the hot griddle. Cook on each side 3-4 minutes or until done.
Enjoy more of Lauren’s recipes by checking our her blog; http://www.saywhatyouneedtosayblog.com/