Fall is blowing in on the East Coast. Our nights are starting to feel shorter and chillier, making stews and soups come to mind. Try this hearty fall recipe for Japanese Chicken-Scallion Rice Bowl from Eatingwell.com. We added Shiloh Farms Brown Rice to the list of ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups Shiloh Farms brown rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- Pour broth into a heavy medium saucepan, along with sugar, and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir egg whites and whole egg in a small bowl until just mixed.
- Add chicken to the simmering broth.
- Gently pour in the egg mixture, do not stir.
- Sprinkle scallions on top. When the egg starts to firm up, after about 3 minutes, stir it with a knife. (The chicken will be cooked by now.)
- Divide the rice into bowls and top with the chicken mixture.
Per serving: 262 calories; 3 g fat ( 1 g sat , 1 g mono ); 87 mg cholesterol; 47 g carbohydrates; 22 g protein; 3 g fiber; 387 mg sodium; 370 mg potassium.
For more hearty soups and stews, check out Eatingwell.com‘s 30- Minute Low Calorie Soups list.