Quinoa, pronounced KEEN-wha, was once the sacred staple of the Incas. It can be substituted for rice, wheat, corn and barley in recipes. It is the highest in protein of all the grains. Contains 10 essential amino acids, low in sodium, high in calcium iron. Quinoa is a wonderful food for building strength and endurance.
Reasons to enjoy the benefits of Quinoa are:
- Can be substituted for rice, wheat, corn and barley in recipes.
- A rich and balanced source of vital nutrients.
- A good source of fiber.
- An alkaline food.
- Light, tasty and easy to digest. An Excellent source of nutrition for children.
- Quinoa is 35 on the Glycemic Index.
- A vegetarian solution.
- A senior solution.
- A diabetic solution.
- A tasty solution.
- Quinoa expands almost 5 times its size.
- Quinoa is versatile – replaces any grain in a recipe.
Shiloh Farms offers a variety of quinoa, including:
- Sprouted Golden Quinoa Grain, Organic– Sprouted Golden Quinoa Sprouts – Sprouts have been consumed for years. Sprouts have long been a superb source of nutrients along with an important curative ability. Try Quinoa Shrimp Stir-Fry.
- Quinoa Grain, Organic– The Incas called Quinoa the Mother Grain. Try Quinoa Pudding.
- Sprouted Red Quinoa Grain, Organic– Sprouted Red Quinoa – Sprouts have been consumed for years. Sprouts have long been a superb source of nutrients along with an important curative ability. Try Quinoa Fruit Treat.
- Red Quinoa Grain, Organic– Roasted Vegetable and Red Quinoa Casserole Easy to prepare and unique in texture our Red Quinoa is a practical addition to your active lifestyle. Try Roasted Vegetable and Red Quinoa Casserole.
- Tri-Color Quinoa, Organic- Quinoa grains range in color from ivory to pinks, brown to reds,or almost black depending on the variety. There are over 120 species but only three main varieties are cultivated: one producing very pale seeds called the white or sweet variety, a dark red fruited variety called Red Quinoa; and a Black Quinoa. Try Chicken and Quinoa Salad.
Shiloh Farms also has many other Quinoa products like Quinoa Flour and Flakes…
Quinoa Flour, Organic– Quinoa flour, unlike wheat flour, contains no gluten and therefore does not lend itself to bread recipes. You can substitute this flour for half of the all-purpose flour in many recipes or completely replace wheat flour in cakes and cookie recipes. Try Quinoa Flour Banana Bread.
Quinoa Flakes, Organic– Organic Quinoa Flakes are smooth and delicious alone or topped with your favorite sweetener, cinnamon or fruit. For a delicious change, cook in apple Juice instead of water and let it simmer a little longer. Try Banana Quinoa Muffins.