We have all heard that dark chocolate (in moderation) can be beneficial to your health. So we asked, what is it about dark chocolate that makes it so healthy? The answer: plant phenols (cocoa phenols). These compounds are known to lower blood pressure. Food scientists across the globe suggest that dark chocolate contains all the necessary compounds and minerals to prevent major chronic heart condition and disorders as well as other health problems.
See the below list for more health benefits of eating dark chocolate:
- Blood circulation: Eating dark chocolate not only relaxes but also makes the blood vessels more flexible and decreases the risk posed by innumerable cardiovascular diseases.
- Lowers Cholesterol Levels: Dark chocolates have been medically proven to reduce cholesterol levels in the human body significantly.
- Blood Pressure: Dark chocolate is rich in minerals such as magnesium and copper, which aid in regulating normal blood pressure and subsequently maintain proper heartbeat levels.
- Good for Anemic Condition: The two kinds of flavonoids present in chocolates are mainly Catechins and Epicatechins. The flavonoids compounds are useful in treating anemic patients and those having poor dietary habits.
- Boosting Immunity: Dark chocolate has the flavonoid Catechin, which boosts the human body immune system and possibly preventing major chronic ailments.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Dark chocolate is a potent antioxidant. The anti-oxidants present in dark chocolate help fight against premature aging. They also help in fighting against heart diseases.
- Stimulants: Dark chocolate stimulants such as theobromine and caffeine that are major stimulants. Eating a dark chocolate could possibly reduce stress levels; it works by stimulating the production of endorphin that may give rise to a happy feeling.
- Cures Depression: The serotonin level in the dark chocolates may act as an effective anti-depressant. Dark chocolate helps in enhancing the production of endorphin, which results in the generation of the feeling of pleasure in human beings.
- Heart health: Eating small amounts of dark chocolate boosts vascular health.
Check out some Dark Chocolate and Chocolate Products on the Shiloh Farms website: