The official first day of summer is Wednesday, June 20, 2012. That gives you a little less than a month to get healthier skin for summer. Sunscreen is a must to protect your skin from the sun, but one of the best things you can do to ensure healthy skin is to eat a healthy diet.
Below are five foods that will enhance your skin’s health this summer…
- Almonds: As an excellent source of vitamin E (which helps minimize the negative effects of sun exposure on the skin), Almonds aid against certain types of skin cancer and are also high in antioxidants.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds offer high levels of omega-3 acids. Chia seeds help keep skin hydrated because they absorb more than 10 times their weight in water. Without omega-3’s in their diet, people can suffer from poor circulation and dry skin, as well as heart problems, fatigue, and depression.
- Dandelions: Dandelion greens contain high levels of Vitamin A, B, and C as well as copper and zinc. Also, dandelions cleanse the liver of toxins, giving skin a less worn look.
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are high in vitamin C and silica (silica is essential for strong connective tissue). Low silica in your diet causes skin to lose its elasticity, heal slower, and be more prone to wrinkles and age spots.
- Turmeric: Turmeric aids in the treatment of skin conditions such as psoarisis, rosacea, and acne, not to mention that it has as much as 8 times the antioxidant power as that found in most other antioxidant foods.
Do you already eat a healthy diet that makes your skin look and feel awesome? Here are some other great tips to protect your skin this summer:
- Using Sunscreen and applying it often
- Seeking shade
- Wearing a hat or other protective clothing while in the sun
- Don’t Smoke or consider quitting
- Take short showers/baths
- Pat you skin dry
- Use moisturizer after showers
- Use shaving gel when shaving
For more information about healthy skin, check out NaturalNews.com
For more healthy foods to add to your diet, check out ShilohFarms.com