The kick off to summer is upon us. Memorial Day weekend is creeping up quickly. With summer there is always an abundance of fresh fruits and veggies, as well as the not so healthy family bbq’s and desserts.
Don’t feel guilty eating all those great summer treats this summer, take a look at the list below of common foods your probably didn’t even know where healthy…
This list of health foods came from NaturalNews.com
• Mustard: Enjoy your burgers and dogs this summer with this healthy condiment. Mustard seeds are high in antioxidants. If consumed on a regular basis, mustard can help in reducing the frequency of migraines.
• Cole Slaw: It’s not just another side dish, it’s helping fight against cancer (while tasting delicious). The anti-oxidant benefits of cabbage show preventative effects for a variety of different cancers, including bladder, breast, colon, and prostate cancer.
• Common spices: Check out this article, 7 Miracle Spices with Huge Health Benefits (and Big Flavor), from treehugger.com, to find out about the many spices that can enhance your health.
• Raisins: Raisins are very high in naturally-occurring antioxidants. They have many health benefits including relief from constipation, acidosis, anemia, and fever. Raisins also help in weight gain, eye care, dental care, and bone health.
• Nuts: Nuts are a great source of protein and are also rich in fiber. Eating nuts reduces your risk of developing blood clots and if eaten as part of a balanced diet, nuts can also help lower your cholesterol.
Go ahead and kick off summer with a fun family bbq and healthy treats, but don’t forget to integrate these 5 healthy foods and maybe Shiloh Farms can help…
…Shiloh Farms sells a variety of nuts, including:
Check out all our products at www.shilohfarms.com